all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* yellow background dont know how
@ 2013-03-15  6:29 Mihamina Rakotomandimby
From: Mihamina Rakotomandimby @ 2013-03-15  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

The screenshot: http://postimage.org/image/4tiu27lyb/

On EMacs 24 (Fedora 17 package) I selected this and then typed fast
something on my keyboard then got this yellow background on the selcted
text.
I dont remember what was the key combination.
I typed something near to Alt-TAB on a french keyboard (I just remember
I wanted to switch window, but I probably typed something else).
What is this?
It would be usefull for me, but I dont know how to do it again, nor how
to un-background.
Would you help? :-)

--
RMA.

* Re: yellow background dont know how
@ 2013-03-15  8:00 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2013-03-15  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Mihamina Rakotomandimby <mihamina@rktmb.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> The screenshot: http://postimage.org/image/4tiu27lyb/
>
> On EMacs 24 (Fedora 17 package) I selected this and then typed fast
> something on my keyboard then got this yellow background on the
> selcted text.
> I dont remember what was the key combination.
> I typed something near to Alt-TAB on a french keyboard (I just
> remember I wanted to switch window, but I probably typed something
> else).
> What is this?
> It would be usefull for me, but I dont know how to do it again, nor
> how to un-background.
> Would you help? :-)

Possibly highlight-phrase or one of it's variants? Check under the "M-s
h" keymap -- was it something in there?

* Re: yellow background dont know how
       [not found] <mailman.22153.1363329003.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2013-03-15  9:12 ` tfardy
From: tfardy @ 2013-03-15  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Am 15.03.13 07:29, schrieb Mihamina Rakotomandimby:
> Hi all,
>
> The screenshot: http://postimage.org/image/4tiu27lyb/
>
> On EMacs 24 (Fedora 17 package) I selected this and then typed fast
> something on my keyboard then got this yellow background on the selcted
> text.
> I dont remember what was the key combination.
> I typed something near to Alt-TAB on a french keyboard (I just remember
> I wanted to switch window, but I probably typed something else).
> What is this?
> It would be usefull for me, but I dont know how to do it again, nor how
> to un-background.
> Would you help? :-)

C-h l

--
tfardy

@ 2013-03-15 14:18 ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2013-03-15 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Mihamina Rakotomandimby <mihamina@rktmb.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> The screenshot: http://postimage.org/image/4tiu27lyb/

The face looks like "match" or "secondary selection".

Michael.