Eric Abrahamsen writes: > Sharon Kimble writes: > >> I'm trying to find the documentation of "fancyhdr", part of "Texlive", >> and I've tried - >> ╭──── >> │man fancyhdr >> │info fancyhdr >> │show fancyhdr >> ╰──── >> >> but its failing on all of them. >> >> So how do I get the documentation for an emacs or a latex package to >> show on the command-line please? > > If you've got texlive-doc (or similarly-named package) installed, the > texdoc command-line utility is what you want. It opens up the PDF > documentation for a package, which is arguably a really annoying way to > read documentation, but that's what Texlive comes with. So "texdoc > fancyhdr" might do it. > Thanks, "texdoc fancyhdr" opens up the documentation as a pdf file in "atril" my default pdf reader. It works a treat, thanks :) Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.92.1