all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Are CCL programs phased out?
@ 2014-12-19 16:26 David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2014-12-19 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

I'm currently considering writing a coding system "midi" which would
basically turn byte sequences into strings like "(note-on 4 23)" so that
you'd get one Midi event per read.  Now grepping for define-ccl-program
makes it appear as if the only uses are in lisp/obsolete/pgg-parse.el
and lisp/language/ethiopic.el.

What's up with that?

--
David Kastrup

* Re: Are CCL programs phased out?
@ 2014-12-19 19:49 ` Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2014-12-19 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

I recall being told years ago that CCL was obsolescent.  At some point
we should remove it, I expect.  ethiopic.el should first get fixed to
not use it, though.