all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* preparing for the "systemd rootprefix migration"
@ 2018-02-07 18:05 allan gottlieb
From: allan gottlieb @ 2018-02-07 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I run a stable system using gnome3 and hence systemd, specifically
systemd-236-r5.  My bootloader is grub2.  I do *not* have an EFI
platform and do *not* have an initramfs.
I do *not* have a separate /usr filesystem.

The news item says that, in preparation for the 237 release and the
likely removal of the symlinks
   /usr/lib/systemd/systemd and
   /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-shutdown
we should update our boot config to reference init=/lib/systemd/system

1.  Updating the boot config to reference init=/lib/systemd/system seems
to mean a 1-line change in /etc/default/grub
  GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" -->
  GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="init=/lib/systemd/systemd"
followed by the usual
   grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
Is that it?

2.  What should I be doing to prepare for the removal of the
/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-shutdown symlink?

3.  "After upgrading, please run systemctl daemon-reexec".  Which
upgrade is being referred to?  Is the upgrade to the 237 release, with
the likely removal of the two symlinks.

Thanks in advance,
allan