martin rudalics writes: >> Further testing under KDE shows three things: >> >> 1. I get a vertical scrollbar on the right for the echo >> area/minibuffer line but not the menubar using emacs -Q on >> unmodified emacs-26, so that was not introduced by this patch > > Hmmm... Could you investigatte why this happens? Note that the echo > area/minibuffer window by default hay a vertical scroll bar, just that > it is hidden when the window height is less than the minimum length of > the slider, see the following part of gtkutil.c: > > if (hidden) > { > /* No room. Hide scroll bar as some themes output a warning if > the height is less than the min size. */ > gtk_widget_hide (wparent); > gtk_widget_hide (wscroll); > } > > If you put a breakpoint at the 'if' you should see what's different > between GNOME and KDE. Under KDE the minimum slider length is 21, under GNOME itʼs the same, but the reported height of the echo area is > msl under KDE. This looks like another scaling issue (except in this case the scale factor reported by GTK is 1, so I can't do anything to fix it). >> 2. In unmodified emacs-26, the line separating the menu bar from the >> tool bar is solid, not dotted >> >> 3. I can get rid of the menu bar truncation issue by setting >> margin-bottom to 10px > > When you do that does the spearator become solid again? No, then I get both a solid separator and a dotted one just underneath it: