all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "Garreau\, Alexandre" <galex-713@galex-713.eu>
To: Mick Bert <micbert75@gmail.com>
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: incremental search abandoned on mouse movements
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 02:46:23 +0100	[thread overview]

On 2018-10-29 at 16:52, Mick Bert wrote:
> Il giorno lun 29 ott 2018 alle ore 16:11 Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> ha scritto:
>>
>> > From: Mick Bert <micbert75@gmail.com>
>> > Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 14:52:13 +0100
>> >

>> What does "C-l" show you after the above?
>>
> Just to clarify, Coes C-I means "lower-case L" or "upper-case i"?

C-l (was later corrected in C-h l) is “lower-case L”.

If you have doubt on case, in emacs, at any time you might use C-u or
C-l (lowercase L) to make next word respectively uppercase or lowercase.
For other special characters, the command `describe-char' might give
some interesting informations about the character under point.

Fyi, there are some special fonts made to easily distinguish these,
often known as “programmer fonts”.  For instance “DejaVu Sans Mono”
(often default, it is here) is of these, there are also others such as
“Inconsolata” or “Droid Sans Mono”.  These are made so to try to help
you make the difference between “l”, “I” and “1”, or “O” and “0”, for
instance.