all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* support for emacs multi-term for v25 in Ubuntu 18.04
@ 2019-01-18 14:48 Jayaram Radhakrishnan
From: Jayaram Radhakrishnan @ 2019-01-18 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello Team,

I need support for below requirement

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1110619/emacs-multi-term-support-for-version-25-ubuntu-18-04

*Thanks*

* Re: support for emacs multi-term for v25 in Ubuntu 18.04
@ 2019-01-18 16:50 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2019-01-18 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jayaram Radhakrishnan; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Jayaram Radhakrishnan <jr5241@nyu.edu> writes:

> I need support for below requirement
>
> https://askubuntu.com/questions/1110619/emacs-multi-term-support-for-version-25-ubuntu-18-04

In that posting you say you're "unable to enable the multi-term support"
in Emacs 25 without giving any further details except that you've tried
compiling an older Emacs version.

What did you do exactly in order to install multi-term in Emacs 25, and
how did you try to enable it?  What were the results (error, messages)?

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: support for emacs multi-term for v25 in Ubuntu 18.04
@ 2019-01-18 17:51   ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2019-01-18 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: Jayaram Radhakrishnan, help-gnu-emacs

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> Jayaram Radhakrishnan <jr5241@nyu.edu> writes:
>
>> I need support for below requirement
>>
>> https://askubuntu.com/questions/1110619/emacs-multi-term-support-for-version-25-ubuntu-18-04
>
> In that posting you say you're "unable to enable the multi-term support"
> in Emacs 25 without giving any further details except that you've tried
> compiling an older Emacs version.
>
> What did you do exactly in order to install multi-term in Emacs 25, and
> how did you try to enable it?  What were the results (error, messages)?

I think that the OP is confused about how multi-term is installed. He
seems to think that multi-term is an Emacs built-in feature that can be
enabled or disabled at compile time.

To the OP: read the install instructions for multi-term on

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MultiTerm#toc3

If you don't know what `load-path' is, put on your .emacs file:

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/my-emacs-packages")
(require 'multi-term)

Create a directory named "my-emacs-packages" in your home directory,
copy multi-term.el to that directory, restart Emacs and multi-term
should be functional.

For further information about load-path, on Emacs do

C-h v load-path [ENTER]

Also read the info node titled "The Emacs Initialization File" in the
Emacs manual (C-h i [ENTER])