nftables is a Linux kernel firewall. Its configuration uses a complex BNF where many keywords are repeated; they mean different things in different places. I want syntax highlighting and smart indentation for such files, because they're very hard to read in just conf-mode, even with some conf-space-keywords. I couldn't find a major mode for this, so I wrote a basic one. This is working well enough for today, but I don't have the time or interest to maintain it properly. If someone else is prepared to adopt it and get it into mainline Emacs, that would be FANTASTIC. Background references: https://wiki.nftables.org https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-netfilter-team/pkg-nftables/blob/master/src/scanner.l https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-netfilter-team/pkg-nftables/blob/master/src/parser_bison.y file:///usr/share/nano/nftables.nanorc https://github.com/nfnty/vim-nftables