Michael Heerdegen writes: >> (pred FUN) matches if FUN called on EXPVAL returns non-nil. >> + (type TYPE) matches if EXPVAL is of TYPE. >> (app FUN PAT) matches if FUN called on EXPVAL matches PAT. > > I like your idea, but I would not document the new pattern at this > prominent position. Evaluating the pattern definition will add an entry > in the dynamically created docstring anyway. I think this is good > enough. Thanks, I forgot about that part of the docstring. I removed that line as you suggested in this updated patch.