all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Marking diary dates in calendar
@ 2020-12-20  6:50 michael-franzese
From: michael-franzese @ 2020-12-20  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help Gnu Emacs

Is there a way to have dates in diary marked in emacs calendar.

* Re: Marking diary dates in calendar
@ 2020-12-20  7:09 ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2020-12-20  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

michael-franzese@gmx.com writes:

> Is there a way to have dates in diary marked in emacs calendar.

How does this differ from your other questions?  Do you want to have
single dates?  Should the dates not be listed as entries when querying
diary from the calendar?

Michael.

* Re: Marking diary dates in calendar
@ 2020-12-20  7:18   ` michael-franzese
> > Is there a way to have dates in diary marked in emacs calendar.
>
> How does this differ from your other questions?  Do you want to have
> single dates?  Should the dates not be listed as entries when querying
> diary from the calendar?

Customarily one can use & so dates will not be marked.

&%%(= 4 (calendar-day-of-week date)) Salsa

Can one get the following date marked in calendar?

Dec 21, 2020
  21:29 Meeting with John
  21:34 Meeting with Mike
  22:12 Meeting with Richard
  23:34 Meeting with Pete

@ 2020-12-20  7:54     ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2020-12-20  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: michael-franzese; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

michael-franzese@gmx.com writes:

> Can one get the following date marked in calendar?
>
> Dec 21, 2020
>   21:29 Meeting with John
>   21:34 Meeting with Mike
>   22:12 Meeting with Richard
>   23:34 Meeting with Pete

AFAIK, but I could be wrong, it's (only) possible to mark all entries
then, not only some, with

  (diary-include-files t)

Would you want that?

Marking of normal entries is done in `diary-mark-entries-1'.  Would have
to study that code if the manual doesn't tell details.

Michael.

* Re: Marking diary dates in calendar
@ 2020-12-20  8:24       ` michael-franzese
> > Can one get the following date marked in calendar?
> >
> > Dec 21, 2020
> >   21:29 Meeting with John
> >   21:34 Meeting with Mike
> >   22:12 Meeting with Richard
> >   23:34 Meeting with Pete
>
> AFAIK, but I could be wrong, it's (only) possible to mark all entries
> then, not only some, with

Yes, I only want to mark tho dates I want.

@ 2020-12-20  8:53         ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2020-12-20  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

michael-franzese@gmx.com writes:

> Yes, I only want to mark tho dates I want.

Ok.  The only thing I can offer: It's possible to use this syntax:

  12/20/2020 Test [foreground:red]

That will change the highlighting color in the calendar for that single
entry to red.  When you highlight entries at all.

So when marking entries you could make the default marking face less
visible (or invisible) and use the above syntax to highlight some
entries with a different, more visible color.

The above syntax is defined in `diary-face-attrs' btw.  The binding of
that variable can be changed to allow using a different syntax.

Michael.