Hello, Some themes add a background to the faces Gnus uses to highlight summary lines (e.g. gnus-summary-selected, gnus-summary-cancelled); I'd like to be able to extend that background beyond EOL. Right now Gnus only applies these faces right up to the char *before* EOL; if it were to apply them one char further, users could then set (or unset) the :extend property on these faces. I'm attaching a patch only for demonstration purposes; I do not know whether it should be applied as-is. It does Work For MeĀ®, but: (1) Maybe we want to be as flexible as Org, i.e. let users control this behaviour with a user option instead of messing with faces. (Cf. org-fontify-whole-heading-line in org-set-font-lock-defaults) (2) I haven't looked at the whole beg/end vs. from/to vs. mouse-face affair in gnus-highlight-selected-summary, so my patch may fail to DTRT in some circumstancesā€¦ ? Thank you for your time.