all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [gnus] How to show mails from an specific mailing list?
@ 2021-06-22  5:57 Rodrigo Morales
From: Rodrigo Morales @ 2021-06-22  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm currently using Gnus with the following configuration

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
	     '(nnmaildir "personal"
			 (directory "~/.mail/personal/")))
#+END_SRC

I sometimes want to read mails from an specific mailing list. However,
since I'm on multiple mailing lists, the Summary buffer show messages
from all mailing lists. My question is: Is there any way to make Gnus
show messages from a given mailing list?

I've recently started to use local mailboxes so I'm no mail expert but,
apparently, local messages store the mailing list they belong to in its
metadata since "mu" (an external utility, https://github.com/djcb/mu)
can show the mailing list as a field for each message when searching
(see code block below).

#+BEGIN_SRC dash
mu find -f 'v' maildir:/personal/ | sort -u | grep 'emacs'
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
bug-gnu-emacs.gnu.org
emacs-devel.gnu.org
emacs-diffs.gnu.org
emacs-orgmode.gnu.org
help-gnu-emacs.gnu.org
info-gnu-emacs.gnu.org
#+END_EXAMPLE

#+BEGIN_SRC dash
mu find maildir:/personal/ list:help-gnu-emacs.gnu.org | wc -l
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
7431