all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to add a font file to Emacs (on Android)?
@ 2024-05-25  7:54 Lockywolf
From: Lockywolf @ 2024-05-25  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

I am using an Emacs built for pre-5 Android, on Onyx Boox Max 2 ebook
reader (if that matters).

There are some glyphs not provided by the system.
I managed to install some ttc files by literally copying them into
/sdcard/fonts, and it worked for the built-in reader application.

However, not for Emacs.

How can I make Emacs find and load those ttc files and add an additional
font to its default fontspec.

(I happy with both replacing the default glyphs entirely, and just

Any suggestions?

--
Your sincerely,
Vladimir Nikishkin (MiEr, lockywolf)

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: How to add a font file to Emacs (on Android)?
@ 2024-05-25  8:53 ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2024-05-25  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lockywolf; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Lockywolf <for_help-gnu-emacs_at_gnu_org_2023-11-30@lockywolf.net>
writes:

> I am using an Emacs built for pre-5 Android, on Onyx Boox Max 2 ebook
> reader (if that matters).
>
> There are some glyphs not provided by the system.
> I managed to install some ttc files by literally copying them into
> /sdcard/fonts, and it worked for the built-in reader application.
>
> However, not for Emacs.
>
> How can I make Emacs find and load those ttc files and add an
> additional
> font to its default fontspec.
>
> (I happy with both replacing the default glyphs entirely, and just
>
> Any suggestions?

Please read the Info node (emacs)Android Fonts where this procedure is
set out in some detail.

* Re: How to add a font file to Emacs (on Android)?
@ 2024-05-26  6:59   ` Lockywolf
From: Lockywolf @ 2024-05-26  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org