all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* spam
@ 2002-05-01 23:55 Francesco Potorti`
From: Francesco Potorti` @ 2002-05-01 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible for somebody to block spam on this list?  During the
last month, I got more spam than real traffic on it.  It wasn't like
this before.

* SPAM
@ 2002-07-12 11:27 Frank Reifenstahl
From: Frank Reifenstahl @ 2002-07-12 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I subscribed to this list two weeks ago, and I wonder what kind of trash box
it is. More SPAM than regular threads. Is this really the place to go with my
Emacs problems? Do I miss any filter? Or what?

Kind regards
Frank

* Re: SPAM
@ 2002-07-12 11:30 Iosu Arizkuren
From: Iosu Arizkuren @ 2002-07-12 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I agree, there is a lot of trash coming to this list. There should be a way
to filter the messages before they are spreaded to the list.

>From: Frank Reifenstahl <f.reifenstahl@seelig.de>
>To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>Subject: SPAM
>Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:27:02 +0200
>
>Hi,
>
>I subscribed to this list two weeks ago, and I wonder what kind of trash
>box
>it is. More SPAM than regular threads. Is this really the place to go with
>my
>Emacs problems? Do I miss any filter? Or what?
>
>Kind regards
>Frank

MSN Fotos: la forma más fácil de compartir e imprimir fotos.
http://photos.msn.es/support/worldwide.aspx

* Re: SPAM
@ 2002-07-12 14:28 ` Marco Baringer
From: Marco Baringer @ 2002-07-12 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank Reifenstahl <f.reifenstahl@seelig.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I subscribed to this list two weeks ago, and I wonder what kind of trash box
> it is. More SPAM than regular threads. Is this really the place to go with my
> Emacs problems? Do I miss any filter? Or what?
>
> Kind regards
> Frank

why can't the mailing list software be configured to only allow
posting by subscribed email addresses?

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.