all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Weird thing in KDE with Emacs.
@ 2003-01-15 20:38 Ole Andre Birkedal
From: Ole Andre Birkedal @ 2003-01-15 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

What I have been using mostly
is white text on a black
background. When I installed KDE today
the text becomes black, and it has a white
boarder around it, then the black
background.

Later I have been using WindowMaker and PWM
where everything has been working okey

If you don't know what I mean there is
a url to screenshot below.
http://skall.no/~termos/snapshot1.png

 -- Ole Andre

* Re: Weird thing in KDE with Emacs.
@ 2003-01-16 15:40 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-01-16 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I couldn't look at the screenshot (I'm offline), but a generic
comment regarding KDE and colors is that there is a button in the
control center, under colors, that says something like "use KDE
colors for non-KDE apps, too".  You probably want to turn that off.
Then the Emacs colors can be configured via ~/.Xdefaults and/or
~/.Xresources.
--
Ambibibentists unite!