jonathan writes: > I ssh into a fedora 3 box with my OS X box. When I start emacs and > type a "?", it puts it into the bottom and waits for a command. > I just want to it to put a question mark. Is this a problem with what > my powerbook is sending or with the remote machine? It would seem to > be former because emacs works fine on my powerbook. How do I fix this? Client part of OpenSSH (at least) has a feature called escape characters. The default one is `~', but maybe yours is set to `?'. It allows the user to make simple commands such as backgrounding ssh, list connections, ... In OpenSSH, this is tweaked through the ~/.ssh/config file with the variable EscapeChar. It may be related. -- | Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac | Isn't vi that text editor with | | Epita/LRDE Promo 2007 | two modes... One that beeps and | | http://www.lrde.org/~cadilh_m | one that corrupts your file? | `-- - JID: micha@amessage.be --' -- Dan Jacobson - --'