all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Rebinding arrow keys in emacs-w3m
@ 2006-10-07  8:35 marijuanated
From: marijuanated @ 2006-10-07  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

Is it possibile to rebind the arrow keys to next line in emacs w3m?
Also is it possibile to integrate the axel downloader into emacs-w3m?

Thanks,
Sundar

* Re: Rebinding arrow keys in emacs-w3m
@ 2006-10-08  2:57 ` Robert D. Crawford
From: Robert D. Crawford @ 2006-10-08  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

"marijuanated@gmail.com" <marijuanated@gmail.com> writes:

> Is it possibile to rebind the arrow keys to next line in emacs w3m?

Since I cannot answer part 2, as I am not familiar with the Axel
downloader, I decided to see if anyone else replied.  Since they did
not, here is the code to define the arrow keys.  If you decide to
redefine the right and left arrows, replace the emacspeak commands with
whatever you decide to use.

(define-key w3m-mode-map [down] 'next-line)
(define-key w3m-mode-map [up] 'previous-line)
(define-key w3m-mode-map [right] 'emacspeak-forward-char)
(define-key w3m-mode-map [left] 'emacspeak-backward-char)

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

Hodie natus est radici frater.

[ Unto the root is born a brother ]

* Re: Rebinding arrow keys in emacs-w3m
@ 2006-10-08  6:38 ` David Hansen
From: David Hansen @ 2006-10-08  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7 Oct 2006 01:35:09 -0700 <marijuanated@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possibile to rebind the arrow keys to next line in emacs w3m?

Easiest way is to use the info like key bindings in w3m:

(setq w3m-key-binding 'info)

Make sure that it's evaluated before w3m loads.

> Also is it possibile to integrate the axel downloader into  emacs-w3m?

No clue what axel is but there is wget.el that integrates nice
with emacs-w3m.

David