all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ESC ESC UP 2
@ 2007-03-29 12:17 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-03-29 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Bug  [bug-gnu-emacs]

Here is another bug like the other one (ESC ESC UP)

1. In console (not in X, or mac!) run emacs -Q

2. C-h k

Now press ESC ESC UP.

Result:

ESC ESC ESC runs the command keyboard-escape-quit. etc...

More, an unknown char in inserted in *scratch*.

* Re: ESC ESC UP 2
@ 2007-03-29 14:14 ` Roberto Rodríguez
From: Roberto Rodríguez @ 2007-03-29 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Bug [bug-gnu-emacs]

2007/3/29, A Soare <alinsoar@voila.fr>:

> Now press ESC ESC UP.
>
> Result:
>
> ESC ESC ESC runs the command keyboard-escape-quit. etc...

The same thing happens to me.  And also M-> runs M-|.
But I don't think Emacs is the culprit so much as the console keymaps and/or
drivers.
(You tried that in GNU/Linux, didn't you?)

--
Roberto Rodríguez
http://nic-nac-project.org/~rarsaqi/

* Re: ESC ESC UP 2
@ 2007-03-29 15:36 ` Michaël Cadilhac
From: Michaël Cadilhac @ 2007-03-29 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alinsoar; +Cc: Emacs Bug [bug-gnu-emacs]

A Soare <alinsoar@voila.fr> writes:

> Here is another bug like the other one (ESC ESC UP)
>
> 1. In console (not in X, or mac!) run emacs -Q
>
> 2. C-h k
>
> Now press ESC ESC UP.
>
> Result:
>
> ESC ESC ESC runs the command keyboard-escape-quit. etc...
>
> More, an unknown char in inserted in *scratch*.

This is normal, AFAIK. The <Up> key is an escaped combination
(something like ESC [A) translated to C-p by the Mighty Emacs. If you
do M-q <Up>, you'll see what I mean.

(for example, on console, just try ESC [ A).

Cheers.

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |  Une erreur peut devenir exacte        |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |     selon que celui qui l'a commise    |

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: ESC ESC UP 2
@ 2007-03-30 11:24 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-03-30 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michaël Cadilhac; +Cc: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

> > Here is another bug like the other one (ESC ESC UP)
> >
> > 1. In console (not in X, or mac!) run emacs -Q
> >
> > 2. C-h k
> >
> > Now press ESC ESC UP.
> >
> > Result:
> >
> > ESC ESC ESC runs the command keyboard-escape-quit. etc...
> >
> > More, an unknown char in inserted in *scratch*.
>

> This is normal, AFAIK. The <Up> key is an escaped combination
> (something like ESC [A) translated to C-p by the Mighty Emacs. If you
> do M-q <Up>, you'll see what I mean.

Now I understand. ESC UP give correct message in console because its length is 3. (C-q UP)

> (for example, on console, just try ESC [ A).

Adessias