all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Using Planner-cyclic Mode
@ 2007-06-20 16:18 Ankur Jain
From: Ankur Jain @ 2007-06-20 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I am using planner mode (3.41) with Emacs 21.3 on Windows 2000.

I am trying to use planner-cyclic mode to create recurring tasks, but unable
to do so. I get only two options to create cyclic tasks :

1. planner-cyclic-create-task-maybe
2. planner-cyclic-create-tasks-maybe

When I enter this command, nothing happens. Could someone help me creating
recurring/repeating tasks in Emacs.

--
Regards
Ankur Jain

http://ankurjain.org

* Re: Using Planner-cyclic Mode
@ 2007-06-20 17:22 ` Amy Templeton
From: Amy Templeton @ 2007-06-20 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Ankur Jain" <jainankur@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to use planner-cyclic mode to create recurring tasks,
> but unable to do so. I get only two options to create cyclic
> tasks :
>
> 1. planner-cyclic-create-task-maybe
> 2. planner-cyclic-create-tasks-maybe
>
> When I enter this command, nothing happens. Could someone help me
> creating recurring/repeating tasks in Emacs.

Those commands basically update the list of tasks from a file. What
you need to do is point the variable `planner-cyclic-diary-file' at
the file you want to use, and then set it up per the instructions
in the info document (I think it's basically the same format as the
emacs diary, but starting with "#B0 _ " or something equivalent).

I hope that helps!

Amy

--
Will this never-ending series of PLEASURABLE EVENTS never cease?