all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* why I cannot run lisp in emacs?? :(
@ 2007-10-16  2:26 thinkreverse
From: thinkreverse @ 2007-10-16  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello~~

I use the following steps to run lisp in emacs

    emacs test.lisp

    C-x 2

    M-x run-lisp

but the emacs report "Searching for projram: no such file or
directory, lisp"...... :(

Who can help me......  Thank you.

* Re: why I cannot run lisp in emacs?? :(
@ 2007-10-16  6:41 ` Gijs Hillenius
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2007-10-16  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 16 Oct 2007, thinkreverse wrote:

> Hello~~
>
> I use the following steps to run lisp in emacs
>
> emacs test.lisp
>
> C-x 2
>
> M-x run-lisp
>
> but the emacs report "Searching for projram: no such file or
> directory, lisp"...... :(
>
> Who can help me......  Thank you.

install slime? common-lisp.net/project/slime

Cheers

Gijs

--
Q:	What is the sound of one cat napping?
A:	Mu.

* Re: why I cannot run lisp in emacs?? :(
@ 2007-10-16 13:00 ` Joel J. Adamson
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2007-10-16 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

thinkreverse <ferociousheep@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> but the emacs report "Searching for projram: no such file or
> directory, lisp"...... :(

(setq inferior-lisp-program clisp) ; for example if your lisp program
                                   ; is clisp

You should change the variable "inferior-lisp-program" to your
installation of a Common Lisp interpreter.  By default it's set to
"lisp" --- I had to change it to "clisp."

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

* Re: why I cannot run lisp in emacs?? :(
@ 2007-10-16 20:44   ` Giorgos Keramidas
From: Giorgos Keramidas @ 2007-10-16 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:00:03 -0400, jadamson@partners.org (Joel J. Adamson) wrote:
> thinkreverse <ferociousheep@gmail.com> writes:
> [...]
>> but the emacs report "Searching for projram: no such file or
>> directory, lisp"...... :(
>
> (setq inferior-lisp-program clisp) ; for example if your lisp program
>                                    ; is clisp

You might want to quote the value of `inferior-lisp-program':

    (setq inferior-lisp-program "clisp")

> You should change the variable "inferior-lisp-program" to your
> installation of a Common Lisp interpreter.  By default it's set to
> "lisp" --- I had to change it to "clisp."

Alternatively, you can arrange for `lisp' to be a symlink to the proper
binary.  In my case, this is:

keramida@kobe:/usr/local/bin> ls -l lisp
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  - 4 Jun  4 23:39 lisp -> sbcl
keramida@kobe:/usr/local/bin>

* Re: why I cannot run lisp in emacs?? :(
@ 2007-10-17  6:36   ` thinkreverse
From: thinkreverse @ 2007-10-17  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Oct 16, 9:00 pm, jadam...@partners.org (Joel J. Adamson) wrote:
> thinkreverse <ferocioush...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > but the emacs report "Searching for projram: no such file or
> > directory, lisp"...... :(
>
> (setq inferior-lisp-program clisp) ; for example if your lisp program
>                                    ; is clisp
>
> You should change the variable "inferior-lisp-program" to your
> installation of a Common Lisp interpreter.  By default it's set to
> "lisp" --- I had to change it to "clisp."
>
> Joel
>
> --
> Joel J. Adamson
> Biostatistician
> Pediatric Psychopharmacology Research Unit
> Massachusetts General Hospital
> Boston, MA  02114
> (617) 643-1432
> (303) 880-3109

Thank you:) My problem is solved by your solution.

* Re: why I cannot run lisp in emacs?? :(
@ 2007-10-17 17:00     ` Joel J. Adamson
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2007-10-17 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

thinkreverse <ferociousheep@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

>> (setq inferior-lisp-program clisp) ; for example if your lisp program
>>                                    ; is clisp
>>
>> You should change the variable "inferior-lisp-program" to your
>> installation of a Common Lisp interpreter.  By default it's set to
>> "lisp" --- I had to change it to "clisp."

[...]

> Thank you:) My problem is solved by your solution.

No prob: the best way to find these things is with apropos, either
"M-x apropos RET regex" or bind it to a key.  I have it bound to f3.
You can search by regular expression or a word list (e.g. "inferior
lisp program").  This will give you a list of potential items, and
each one gives you the variable/function's documentation, and then
tells you if you can customize it.  I used to think of only using
Customize to set variables, because I didn't know how to find them;
apropos is the way.

Joel

--

@ 2007-11-13  2:45     ` thinkreverse
From: thinkreverse @ 2007-11-13  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Oct 17, 4:44 am, Giorgos Keramidas <keram...@ceid.upatras.gr>
wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:00:03 -0400, jadam...@partners.org (Joel J. Adamson) wrote:
>
> > thinkreverse <ferocioush...@gmail.com> writes:
> > [...]
> >> but the emacs report "Searching for projram: no such file or
> >> directory, lisp"...... :(
>
> > (setq inferior-lisp-program clisp) ; for example if your lisp program
> >                                    ; is clisp
>
> You might want to quote the value of `inferior-lisp-program':
>
>     (setq inferior-lisp-program "clisp")
>
> > You should change the variable "inferior-lisp-program" to your
> > installation of a Common Lisp interpreter.  By default it's set to
> > "lisp" --- I had to change it to "clisp."
>
> Alternatively, you can arrange for `lisp' to be a symlink to the proper
> binary.  In my case, this is:
>
> keramida@kobe:/usr/local/bin> ls -l lisp
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  - 4 Jun  4 23:39 lisp -> sbcl
> keramida@kobe:/usr/local/bin>

Thank you for your kindly helping. :)