Hi YSK writes: > Yes, I used to use LaTeX for this reason. But unfortunately I find I > still need to use an MS Word compatible word processor quite often. > On Windows, VBacs does a great job of making MS Word behave like Emacs > and I'd really like to find something analogous for OO.o. Since I discovered tex4ht I said goodbye to Word and OO.o-Writer for ever. I can have my usual editing environment and the full power of Emacs before I send people their beloved .doc files that tex4ht produces quite free from error within a second (including BibTeX data). You should give it a try. Greetings Sven