all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: wahjava.ml@gmail.com (Ashish SHUKLA)
To: Dheeraj Reddy <dheerajr@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Incorrect devanagari rendering on Linux
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:07:47 +0530	[thread overview]

Dheeraj Reddy writes:
> Hello all

Hi Dheeraj,

>    I am trying to use Feb 13 checked out sources of emacs and trying to write
> some devanagari scripts using the devanagari-itrans input method.
> The win32 build works correctly on my windows xp machine but on my x86-64
> Debian Linux box, it doesn't work correctly.

> The Linux rendering looks like

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/35487238@N05/3290009410/

> While the correct windows rendering looks like

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/35487238@N05/3289203377/

> I am on Debian -unstable fwiw.

The devanagari script rendering on Emacs CVS is perfect. The problem
you're having is due to the complex text layout rendering support
excluded during compilation. Please check out Emacs bug# 1033[1], where
someone else posted a similar issue. So you need to compile your own
Emacs or request the maintainer to compile Emacs with CTL options.