all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Annotating Info Pages?
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 13:32:40 -0400	[thread overview]

Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> writes:

    [I am the new maintainer of ipa.el]

    ipa means In Place Annotation. You write your annotations right
    where the point is. The annotation is then displayed just right
    where it is.

    In the other hand, bookmark annotations are shown in another
    buffer. I feel less comfortable to use them for the exact reason.

    Maybe, in a near future, both could be merged since, in the end,
    the goal are pretty the same: have point in a
    buffer/file/whatever be bookmarked and/or be annotated.

    I hope I was clear in my explanations.

Thank you, Xavier, yep clear and just like Richard was saying, make it
sound well worth trying.  I have a system laden with a `WORKSHEET' in the
directory of each project.  As stream-of-consciousness as the worksheets
are, and hence profuse with elipses, I have never been able to afford
myself the use of brackets.  Now it seems I may.

And sorry about the `agression' earlier, it was an infantile wish to do
away with some frustrating communication.