all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* DocView Behaviour
@ 2010-05-13 23:23 Andreas
From: Andreas @ 2010-05-13 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi everyone!

Lately as I was trying out the beatifule Emacs 23.2 I had a little bit
of a picky issue with doc-view.el when everytime I hit PageDown/Up the
next or previous page appears but the view stays at the coordinates of
the previously viewed page.

This is/was a real annoyance for me.
So I did what a hacker would do in this case and had a look at the
source code.

I would really like to have a (image-bob) or (goto-line 1) into
(doc-view-goto-page (page)) and would like to ask if others here think
that this is a good idea because it makes it easier for people to
navigate from page to page or bad because it could cause issues with the
search functionallity that is implemented in it.

So whats your opinion?

Cheers,

Andreas Marschke.