Hi Glen, There was a logic bug in the code I sent you. The symptom is a message "App't in nil" in the modeline and some other nastiness. The last patch fixes this problem. If people would like to try the new code I have included the appt.el file. It's been tested on emacs 23.3. Take care, -- Ivan Kanis http://kanis.fr A great teacher is one who realizes that he himself is also a student and whose goal is not dictate the answers, but to stimulate his students creativity enough so that they go out and find the answers themselves. -- Herbie Hancock