all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* RFC: Diary users
@ 2013-09-06 10:53 Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2013-09-06 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

RFC: Diary users

There are a lot of old timers here.  Would appreciate a tip or two or
some best practices.

1. Do you use a diary file (M-x diary) ?

2. How many diary files do you have?

3. Do you mix appointments, todos, notes etc right within the same diary
   file?  Or you use different tools for different things.

4. What Emacs libraries do you use?

How do you compare Org-mode with these other modes?

* Re: RFC: Diary users
@ 2013-09-06 13:21 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2013-09-06 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 06.09.2013 um 12:53 schrieb Jambunathan K:

> 1. Do you use a diary file (M-x diary) ?

Not Manually. I have calendar set up to display diary entries, holidays, etc. in a window when the new day starts – provided the cursor is in the calendar window …

> 2. How many diary files do you have?

One.

> 3. Do you mix appointments, todos, notes etc right within the same diary
>   file?  Or you use different tools for different things.

I do it according to the ex-Governator: “Mix it, baby!”

> 4. What Emacs libraries do you use?

Presumingly none.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Real Time, adj.:
	Here and now, as opposed to fake time, which only occurs there and then.