() James Cloos () Thu, 02 Jan 2014 13:15:35 -0500 > [512M not enough for "git gc --aggressive"] Rent a large enough cloud box for an hour, do the git-bzr clone and aggressive gc there, and then rsync the .git directory to your box. Or tar and wget it. Once downloaded, git checkout will complete things. DigitalOcean.com, Atlantic.net, iwStack.com, as well as Goog and Amazon have suitable offerings which would cost less than USD1 for the hour or two it would take for the clone and gc. Thanks for the tip. Using such services never occurred to me. (A swap file may be needed for some of the hourly plans to complete the gc.) Do you happen to know the maximum transient memory usage for "git gc --aggressive"? -- Thien-Thi Nguyen GPG key: 4C807502 (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: (responsep (questions 'technical) (not (via 'mailing-list))) => nil