haines@haines.att.net writes: > I'm running Debian Wheezy and compiled Emacs 24.3.1 and am using it. I > naturally wanted to upgrade from flymake to flycheck. What’s wrong with using emacs own package manager, ELPA? It does it all for you and is dead simple to use = options -> use package manager and then just choose what you want to install. Its a lot quicker and a lot easier and simpler too! And you could have got emacs too from the wheezy repos, why make life difficult for yourself? Sharon. > > I downloaded a flycheck 20140422.657 tar into > /usr/local/share/flycheck. Unarchiving it creates a directory in which > there is flycheck-pkg.el, flycheck.el, flycheck.info. > > I didn't know how to install these files, and so tried copying them into > ~/elisp. > > I added a line in ~/.elisp: > > (add-hook 'after-init-hook #'global-flycheck-mode) > > But when I try to initialize flycheck with M-x global-flycheck-mode > I get: > > M-x global-flycheck [No Match] > > How should I have installed the file? There weres no directions. > > Haines Brown > > -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.4.50.16