Jan Djärv writes: > 18 sep 2014 kl. 14:41 skrev martin rudalics : > >> In any case, the problem could be due to the following: >> >> (1) Due to some non-textual settings (scroll bar, divider, border width) >> we ask the window manager for a frame height which is _not_ an >> integral multiple of the nominal character height. At the same time >> we ask the window manager to store that nominal height as the >> canonical height by which frame height change increments should be >> allowed. >> >> (2) The window manager (sometimes) decides that our resize request is >> impudent and overrules it by sending us a size that fits the nominal >> height settings. >> >> Jan is our hints expert. Maybe he has an idea. > > > Basically yes. But with Gtk+ there is an additional complication. > Gtk tries to force the height increments itself if it finds that they > aren't met, by resizing windows. By setting resize pixelwise all > hints are basically off so nothing of this happens. An idea would be > to turn hints off if we are going fullsize. That sounds like a good idea, but I sometimes see the same problem when coming out of full-screen mode (see attached). We'd need to disable hints for enabling and disabling full-screen, would that work? -- Matt