all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* 'miraculous' re-centering on the bottom line
@ 2014-10-24 15:31 Zeitlinie
From: Zeitlinie @ 2014-10-24 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I'm running emacs 24.4 & 24.3 and experience some kind of 'automatic'
re-centering issue which drives me completely nuts and make editing a pain.

I have several windows open (actually with ecb-activate, working on some
project). Now, while I edit a file, and at random intervals of the order
of some seconds length, the line I currently work on *jumps* to the
bottom of the window I am just working in - as if some wizard in the
background would have executed C-l three times.

I consulted Dr. Google for similar issues and only found that maybe
setting auto-window-vscroll to nil might help.
I did that - unfortunately with no effect.

Does anyone around here know what this re-centering might be due to and
how to stop emacs from doing it?

Mark