() Marcin Borkowski () Fri, 28 Nov 2014 17:00:42 +0100 I'm planning to run a code reading seminar for some ambitious students at my faculty. I'm wondering whether it could be a good idea to study this;). (In fact, not really - at least not in the beginning - let them learn some more typical stuff before exposing young minds to Emacs Lisp with its peculiarities, like `interactive'. We'll start with Python and JS, though some Common Lisp is also planned.) That's like "teaching" a child to walk one leg, the first week, the other, the second, and together, only afterwards. Ugh; Not Recommended. Everything is peculiar in some respect. If you choose those of Emacs Lisp, your students may grind their teeth but they will eventually learn some self-respect (and maybe some love for parentheses :-D). -- Thien-Thi Nguyen GPG key: 4C807502 (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: (responsep (questions 'technical) (not (via 'mailing-list))) => nil