all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Why do I get a different file content when I'm opening it with different Emacs versions on Windows7
@ 2015-08-24 20:44 H. Dieter Wilhelm
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2015-08-24 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear (),

I'm opening the very same file with Emacs-24.5 and with Emacs-23.1. But
the latter shows me what seems to be an older version of this file!
Might this be a bug of in Emacs-23.1?

Please have a look at StackExchange

http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/14419/why-do-i-get-a-different-file-content-when-im-opening-it-with-different-emacs-v

where I documented said behaviour 3 weeks ago.  So far nobody could
answer it.

Thanks
        Dieter
--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm

* Re: Why do I get a different file content when I'm opening it with different Emacs versions on Windows7
       [not found] <mailman.43.1440449327.28410.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2015-08-24 21:13 ` Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2015-08-24 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

H. Dieter Wilhelm wrote:
> Dear (),
>
> I'm opening the very same file with Emacs-24.5 and with Emacs-23.1. But
> the latter shows me what seems to be an older version of this file!
> Might this be a bug of in Emacs-23.1?
>
> Please have a look at StackExchange
>
> http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/14419/why-do-i-get-a-different-file-content-when-im-opening-it-with-different-emacs-v

Just some random thoughts: is there some file versioning functionality
of Windows that Emacs 23 doesn't know about but Emacs 24 does? Perhaps
your Emacsen are running in some virtual environment, different ones for
each instance?

Can you run both Emacsen simultaneously? What happens if you edit the
file in one? Does the other Emacs tell you that the file has been
changed on disk and ask you to reload the buffer?

--
Joost Kremers                                   joostkremers@fastmail.fm
EN:SiS(9)

* Re: Why do I get a different file content when I'm opening it with different Emacs versions on Windows7
@ 2015-08-24 22:35 ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2015-08-24 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm) writes:

> I'm opening the very same file with Emacs-24.5 and with Emacs-23.1. But
> the latter shows me what seems to be an older version of this file!
> Might this be a bug of in Emacs-23.1?
>
> Please have a look at StackExchange
>
> http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/14419/why-do-i-get-a-different-file-content-when-im-opening-it-with-different-emacs-v
>
> where I documented said behaviour 3 weeks ago.  So far nobody could
> answer it.

This might be caused by file virtualization. See if
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/927387 rings any bells there.