John Wiegley writes: >>>>>> Nicolas Petton writes: > >> You would be a great maintainer I think. And while I can't volunteer for the >> position, I'd be glad to help and could very well take care of some tasks. > > Thanks, Nico and David, for the support. > > The thing is, *I* want better options to choose from. As those who follow my > free software developments well know, I become distracted easily. And when > work ramps up near a deadline, my volunteer contributions often come to a > halt. > > Emacs deserves someone with a bit more time and energy. I'm happy to > participate in the "meta" role I have been over the past couple weeks, but > that may be the best I can offer with any consistency. The thing is, doing all of the work Stefan has been doing is obviously a lot, that's why I'm offering to help, and focusing on specific tasks would make that easier (like the release process). Also, Eli has been doing a wonderful job, he's dealing with issues in the bug tracker really well for instance, and is obviously dedicating a lot of time maintaining Emacs already. Together, I think you'd be a great team, if he was willing to be co-maintainer. Nico