all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* rmail not working in console mode
@ 2016-02-27 14:45 Joe Westlaw
From: Joe Westlaw @ 2016-02-27 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I've finally managed to set up email in emacs, either reading or
writing. The problem comes when I try to use emacs in console mode
(tty1). Whenever I try to read mail with M-x rmail, emacs will ask me
for my POP Password (which I guees it's my email password). Once
entered, it will return me the following error:

Getting mail from remote sercer ...
movemail: Error connecting to POP server: -ERR authentication failed
(No new mail has arrived)

Does anybody have a solution?