Adam Porter writes: > Sharon Kimble writes: > >> Org-mode likes to set the footnotes in its 'reference' >> section in reverse order, i.e. [fn:60] [fn:59] etc. But in my case it >> was going [fn:1] [fn:2] etc. > > Hmm, this seems strange to me. It hasn't worked that way for me in the > past, and I just tested this on a new org file and it didn't put them in > reverse order. Currently on Org 8.2.4. Could this be something to do > with latex support? I now have '#+STARTUP: fnadjust' in the preamble immediately below the title, author and date fields and this reorders the footnote list so it is now going [fn:1] [fn:2] [fn:3] etc, and adds the new footnote at the end of the list. There is a slight pause whilst its reordering but then it works just fine. No, its not the latex support, its what is happening with a new org-mode footnote. But please see my previous paragraph. Thanks Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian 8.4, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 25.0.93