Eli Zaretskii writes: >> As maintainer, I'll go on record by saying that I very much dislike the new >> curly quotes logic. > > I'm not a big fan of them, either. Me neither, but... > There are those who claim the exact opposite: that the majority wants > to remain with `this'. I imagine there's also those who don't care > much either way, and have not spoken about this. ... I think most users won't even notice it (as long as it does not appear in source code). In fact, I know several users of Emacs who are using the pretests, and I asked them about this. None of them noticed it until I mentioned it, and then told me they didn't care at all. Nico