Dear all, This is a bug report for GNU Emacs, but I've cc'ed the CEDET devel mailing list. It appears that the development of CEDET inside Emacs and the upstream development have diverged. There are various important fixes on both sides and it is non trivial for me to port fixes in CEDET inside Emacs to the upstream code or vice versa. Neither version is usable for me. I find this rather frustratring so I would really love to see the code synchronized once more. I think it would also be a good idea to work out a forward plan: How can we avoid this kind of divergence in the future? There's been some related talk on the CEDET devel mailing list recently: https://sourceforge.net/p/cedet/mailman/cedet-devel/thread/1465745082.2627.29.camel%40yahoo.co.uk/#msg35153903 Anyway, I tried to port the fixes in the CEDET git repository: http://git.code.sf.net/p/cedet/git Since this commit: commit 28ea46d99ee2ac35c3752511052bcd02b25a088b Merge: 7c55a5e df226b6 Author: David Engster Date: Sun Nov 9 21:23:30 2014 +0100 Merge from Emacs. (which appears to be the point when the repos where last synchronized) to the Emacs sources. The patch I came up with (attached!) is _incomplete_ - it does not work yet, but maybe it's a start?! Note that I really don't know well enough what I'm doing, which is why I'm asking for help here. Hope we can work this out together :-) Cheers Bastian