all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Adding document strings to a `use-package' declaration
@ 2017-02-18 11:30 Narendra Joshi
From: Narendra Joshi @ 2017-02-18 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnu Emacs Help

Hi,

Is it possible to add an extra keyword to a `use-package' declaration?

For example, I would like to a small comment to a use-package
declaration. I can add it as a comment above the declaration. I find
adding a extra keyword, say :meta or :doc, cleaner.

,----
`----

--
Narendra Joshi

* Re: Adding document strings to a `use-package' declaration
@ 2017-02-20 13:03 ` Andy Moreton
From: Andy Moreton @ 2017-02-20 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sat 18 Feb 2017, Narendra Joshi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to add an extra keyword to a `use-package' declaration?
>
> For example, I would like to a small comment to a use-package
> declaration. I can add it as a comment above the declaration. I find
> adding a extra keyword, say :meta or :doc, cleaner.
>
> ,----
> | (use-package which-key
> |   :doc "Get quick Emacs key binding suggestions."
> |   :ensure t
> |   :init
> |   (setq which-key-max-description-length nil)
> |   (which-key-mode 1))
> `----

See README.md from https://github.com/jwiegley/use-package for details of how to do this.

    AndyM

* Re: Adding document strings to a `use-package' declaration
@ 2017-02-20 14:01   ` Narendra Joshi
From: Narendra Joshi @ 2017-02-20 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Moreton; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Andy Moreton <andrewjmoreton@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat 18 Feb 2017, Narendra Joshi wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to add an extra keyword to a `use-package' declaration?
>>
>> For example, I would like to a small comment to a use-package
>> declaration. I can add it as a comment above the declaration. I find
>> adding a extra keyword, say :meta or :doc, cleaner.
>>
>> ,----
>> | (use-package which-key
>> |   :doc "Get quick Emacs key binding suggestions."
>> |   :ensure t
>> |   :init
>> |   (setq which-key-max-description-length nil)
>> |   (which-key-mode 1))
>> `----
>
> See README.md from https://github.com/jwiegley/use-package for details of how to do this.
>
>     AndyM
Thanks for pointing it out. I shouldn't have missed that section. :)

--
Narendra Joshi