all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Theme loading in daemon mode
@ 2019-01-21  9:11 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2019-01-21  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I used to load a theme in my init file while running emacs --daemon. A
recent upgrade of Emacs broke this setup and now I get the following
error.

,----
| face-attribute: Invalid face: tooltip
`----

It seems that all theme related commands fail where there isn't a frame
active. What is the correct way to load a theme in daemon mode ?

Julien.

* Re: Theme loading in daemon mode
@ 2019-01-21 13:05 ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2019-01-21 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019, 4:28 AM Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr wrote:

> I used to load a theme in my init file while running emacs --daemon. A
> recent upgrade of Emacs broke this setup and now I get the following
> error.
>
> ,----
> | face-attribute: Invalid face: tooltip
> `----
>
> It seems that all theme related commands fail where there isn't a frame
> active. What is the correct way to load a theme in daemon mode ?

Hello Julien,

I ended up on this issue few days back, and it was already tracked here:
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34114.

A workaround is to switch back to use unexec instead of pdumper; see that
thread.

* Re: Theme loading in daemon mode
@ 2019-01-22 16:20   ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2019-01-22 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the pointer. I have a workaround in my init file and will wait for a fix in Emacs.

Regards,

Julien.

--
Envoyé d'un smartphone. Veuillez excuser la brièveté du message.

* Re: Theme loading in daemon mode
@ 2019-05-20  4:33     ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2019-05-20  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, kaushal.modi

Hi,

sorry to wake up on this quite late but as I do have the same thing
here, what is your workaround ? (I can' easily compile my own GNU
emacs copy on this machine).

TIA

--
Xavier Maillard
e/j:xavier@maillard.im                w:www.maillard.im

GPG:                           9983 DCA1 1FAC 8DA7 653A
                               F9AA BA49 09B7 8F04 DE1B