all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* gdb repl: source code is printed on an infinite loop
@ 2020-02-23 16:13 Sébastien Gendre
From: Sébastien Gendre @ 2020-02-23 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello.

I got a broblem when I start gdb from Emacs.
I can start gdb (M-x gdb) on an executable I compiled with the -g flag.
But after I set a breakpoint from the gdb repl, the begining of the source code is printed at the gdb repl again, and again, and again.
Like Emacs is trapped on an infinite loop. After some seconds Emacs freeze.
I use Emacs 26.3 and I've installed Irony-mode. But no special modification on gdb integration.
Have you get the same problem or have any idea?
A search on web didn't help me.
Ho, I got the exact same problem with "emacs -q".
Could it be a bug introduced with 26.3?
Or could it be from GDB?

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: gdb repl: source code is printed on an infinite loop
@ 2020-02-23 17:16 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2020-02-23 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: seb@k-7.ch (Sébastien Gendre)
> Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 17:13:01 +0100
>
> I can start gdb (M-x gdb) on an executable I compiled with the -g flag.
> But after I set a breakpoint from the gdb repl, the begining of the source code is printed at the gdb repl again, and again, and again.
> Like Emacs is trapped on an infinite loop. After some seconds Emacs freeze.

Please tell on what OS is that, and where did you the GDB binary you
are using in this case.

* Re: gdb repl: source code is printed on an infinite loop
@ 2020-02-23 20:29   ` Sébastien G
From: Sébastien G @ 2020-02-23 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs