Noam Postavsky writes: >>> This patch explicitly fails ./configure if `--with-json' is passed but >>> cannot be fulfilled. Which means users without the Jansson headers >>> won't be able to compile Emacs unless explicitly disabling it with >>> `--without-json'; I don't know if that is too extreme, > > This seems a bit too extreme to me, but I think giving an error on > missing Jansson headers only if --with-json is explicitly passed would > be okay. I was reminded about this from some reddit posts: https://old.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/fwgpkd/weekly_tipstricketc_thread/fmo9d5v/ Here's a proposed patch implementing my suggestion above.