all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Looking for a helper for advanced conflicts resolution.
@ 2020-07-24 11:07 Sergey Organov
From: Sergey Organov @ 2020-07-24 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

To aid in resolution of complex conflicts, I'd like to know if there is
a tool in Emacs that, given diff3-style 3-way conflict output, would
convert it into 2 simple diffs: "mine" changes from common ancestor, and
"yours" changes from common ancestor. Does anybody know about one?

I.e., given:

<<<<<<< A
lines from A
lines from B
=======
lines from C

Produce:

1. diff of "lines from B" and "lines from A"
2. diff of "lines from B" and "lines from C"

For example, I'd like to be able to select the chunk in the buffer, and
call a function that'd create another buffer with these 2 diffs.

Thanks,
-- Sergey