Eli Zaretskii writes: >> Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 12:15:32 +0200 (CEST) >> From: xenodasein--- via "Emacs development discussions." >> >> Are you considering to change the text terminal infrastructure for >> Emacs just to accommodate one wayward desktop app that claims to be >> a terminal and a Kindle at the same time? > > Possibly. However, at least one proposal for implementing that leaves > most of the infrastructure intact. > >> Isn't frame handling already Frankenstein-ized enough between mixing >> graphical and text modes? > > Not really, no. Not to such an extreme degree. > >> Wouldn't it be better to focus on how to solve that instead; >> supporting singular apps would then become much easier. > > If someone comes up with a suggestion for how to refactor the display > code to make its maintenance easier, I think we will welcome that. > But we cannot reject other enhancements because of the complexity of > what we have. That complexity didn't prevent us from implementing > several display-related enhancements in the recent years, and I don't > see why this particular one should be an exception. > I don't have any objection if someone implements this, but I think it would be better to focus on other things (e.g. long lines?, making Emacs Lisp faster, etc). -- Akib Azmain Turja Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social. This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. Its fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5