Eli Zaretskii writes: >> Cc: 66944@debbugs.gnu.org >> From: Daniel Brooks >> Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 08:11:27 -0800 >> >> Fractions written as `2:3', `2÷3', and `⅔' are all parsed as rational >> fractions; `2⁄3' ought to do the same. > > Thanks, and apologies for a delay in reviewing the patch. You’re welcome. No need to apologize; this one’s nothing critical. > I have some minor comments below, but I also see that we have no > copyright assignment from you, and without that we will be unable to > accept contributions from you after this one. Would you like to start > the paperwork of assigning the copyright to the FSF at this time, so > we could accept contributions from you in the future? I’ll remember to do it next time, if my next contribution is more than two sentences :) > Please try rewriting these to avoid non-ASCII characters in Texinfo > source files, since processing those with TeX could cause problems. > Where possible, please use the special Texinfo commands described in > the "Insertions" chapter of the Texinfo manual and its sections. If > some character cannot be written using ASCII characters as described > in that section, please just name it, as in "U+2044 FRACTION SLASH", > but don't include it verbatim. Thanks, I hadn’t read that. Done. > Also, our conventions are to leave two spaces between sentences in > documentation and comments (this is relevant to the NEWS entry as > well). Done. > This entry should be marked with "+++", as the necessary manual > changes were made. Also, this doesn't mention the precomposed > fractions; I think it should. Fair enough; done. Thank you Eli.