[வியாழன் அக்டோபர் 17, 2024] Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Cc: "Tassilo Horn" >> From: Visuwesh >> Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2024 09:42:30 +0530 >> >> This is a small patch to make djvused emit UTF-8 encoded text. In the >> djvu test file that I sent you, outline in the appendix have non-ASCII >> characters which are written as octal escapes. Rather than unescaping >> them on Emacs side, we can request djvused to use UTF-8 directly which >> this patch does. The attached patch does just that. > > If you force djvused to emit UTF-8 encoded text, you need to bind > coding-system-for-read to 'utf-8, to make sure Emacs decodes that > correctly. I'm guessing your locale uses UTF-8 by default, which is > why it worked for you. My locale is a UTF-8 one indeed. I've now let bound coding-system-for-read around everything inside with-temp-buffer. > Please also add a comment there explaining what the -u switch does and > why we use it there. Done in attached patch, I hope it is clear. > Thanks.