all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* w3m does not display a web page
@ 2002-09-24 21:02 Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2002-09-24 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

This is a really strange one. I am using the stable debian w3m
package. When I open a web file locally it renders just fine. However
when I get a remote page I get a blank screen! I see the bits going
through so it is downloading the page. I have tried emacs -q to see if
it was a problem with my configuration.

GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-debian-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2002-03-22 on raven, modified by Debian

emacs-w3m-version "1.2.6"

Has anybody else seend that problem?

Thanks,

Ivan Kanis

* Re: w3m does not display a web page
@ 2002-09-25 14:33 ` A. L. Meyers
From: A. L. Meyers @ 2002-09-25 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

You might wish to post you question to gmane.emacs.w3m as well.

Lucien
--
If you receive this by error, please delete it and inform the sender.
PGP key fingerprint=F1C0 D9AE 1B18 1405 4DFA  B4CC 6DC7 FF78 C76E FB15

* Re: w3m does not display a web page
@ 2002-09-25 16:08 ` Simon Hooper
From: Simon Hooper @ 2002-09-25 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ivan Kanis <ivank@juliva.com> writes:

> This is a really strange one. I am using the stable debian w3m
> package. When I open a web file locally it renders just fine.
> However when I get a remote page I get a blank screen!

I get exactly the same using Debian Woody Gnu Emacs 21.2.1, w3m
version w3m/0.3.1+cvs-1.411. I guess it's a Debian problem? I didn't
actually realise I could view local files without problem until I read
your post.

Err, scrub the above. I just tested on another Debian machine of mine
(also running up-to-date woody) and w3m works fine!

Sorry I can't be any help, but if you get to the bottom of it first
then please share :)

Simon

--
Simon Hooper

* Re: w3m does not display a web page
@ 2002-09-25 18:00   ` Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2002-09-25 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Simon> Err, scrub the above. I just tested on another Debian
    Simon> machine of mine (also running up-to-date woody) and w3m
    Simon> works fine!

It could be an interaction with another emacs package?

    Simon> Sorry I can't be any help, but if you get to the bottom of
    Simon> it first then please share :)

To fix the problem removed the debian w3m-el package and installed the
one from the the site and it works flawlessly.

Cheers,

Ivan