all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* complete the word
@ 2005-08-14  4:06 Baloff
From: Baloff @ 2005-08-14  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

when I create a new .cpp file, considering that I have in my .emacs
(add-hook 'c++-mode-hook
          '(lambda ()
	     (turn-on-auto-fill) ;;Insert a newline if line gets to long.
             (c-toggle-auto-state 1) ;;Make ; and { and } and : all electric
             (c-set-style "mc394-style")))

how do I get emacs to write "nclude" if I type "#i" and it is at the
beginning of a line. so that when I type
#i
it appears
#include

I have cedet but not sure if that makes any different.

thanks

* Re: complete the word
@ 2005-08-14  7:53 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2005-08-14  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Baloff <washdc@wash.edu> writes:

> Hello
>
> when I create a new .cpp file, considering that I have in my .emacs
> (add-hook 'c++-mode-hook
>           '(lambda ()
> 	     (turn-on-auto-fill) ;;Insert a newline if line gets to long.
>              (c-toggle-auto-state 1) ;;Make ; and { and } and : all electric
>              (c-set-style "mc394-style")))
>
> how do I get emacs to write "nclude" if I type "#i" and it is at the
> beginning of a line. so that when I type
> #i
> it appears
> #include
>
> I have cedet but not sure if that makes any different.
>

> thanks

Look in the manual for abbrev mode and do an apropos for abbrev.

Tim

--
Tim Cross