all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* deletion of prompt string - Shell - Sqli - comint
@ 2006-03-11  4:25 gethostbyname
       [not found] ` <mailman.32.1142057917.2254.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: gethostbyname @ 2006-03-11  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please,

Could you someone answer me if is possible in Shell and SQLi (using
Postgres) modes [comint mode in general] forbid the user to delete the
prompt string?

Thanks you and forgive my english,
Pedro Henrique

* Re: deletion of prompt string - Shell - Sqli - comint
@ 2006-03-11  6:12 ` Annamalai Gurusami
       [not found] ` <mailman.32.1142057917.2254.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Annamalai Gurusami @ 2006-03-11  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

"gethostbyname@gmail.com" <gethostbyname@gmail.com> writes:

> Could you someone answer me if is possible in Shell and SQLi (using
> Postgres) modes [comint mode in general] forbid the user to delete
> the prompt string?

This behaviour you can find with M-x eshell.

Rgds,
anna

--

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.     http://www.paradoxicalcommandments.com

@ 2006-03-11 17:39   ` gethostbyname
From: gethostbyname @ 2006-03-11 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Anna,

The eshell doesn't have that problem but I would like to use the shell
and also to solve the problem with sql-postgres. The sql-postgres is
perfect for me but has that problem. Do you think there is a solution
to forbid it?

Thanks you,
Pedro Henrique