all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* 'Bookmark' question
@ 2007-02-01 20:53 Vols
From: Vols @ 2007-02-01 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, group,

Right now I use "jump to bookmark" to switch between bookmarks.
Is there any commands that I can use to "go to Next bookmark" or "go
to Previous bookmark" ?

I know in VC++, it has this function with (Ctrl+K, Ctrl+N) for "next
bookmark". Thanks.

Vol

* Re: 'Bookmark' question
@ 2007-02-02  2:29 ` Hadron
From: Hadron @ 2007-02-02  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Vols" <volunteers@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, group,
>
> Right now I use "jump to bookmark" to switch between bookmarks.
> Is there any commands that I can use to "go to Next bookmark" or "go
> to Previous bookmark" ?
>
> I know in VC++, it has this function with (Ctrl+K, Ctrl+N) for "next
> bookmark". Thanks.
>
> Vol

enable-visual-studio-bookmarks is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `linemark.el'.
(enable-visual-studio-bookmarks)

Bind the viss bookmark functions to F2 related keys.

<f2>     - To=ggle a bookmark on this line.
<C-f2>   - Move to the next bookmark.
<S-f2>   - Move to the previous bookmark.
<C-S-f2> - Clear all bookmarks.

* Re: 'Bookmark' question
@ 2007-02-02  9:05   ` Mathias Dahl
From: Mathias Dahl @ 2007-02-02  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

>> Right now I use "jump to bookmark" to switch between bookmarks.  Is
>> there any commands that I can use to "go to Next bookmark" or "go
>> to Previous bookmark" ?

This might not be exactly what you want, but you could try it out
anyway. C-u C-SPC jumps to the different marks in the mark ring in a
buffer. Try that. You can set the mark yourself with C-SPC.

* Re: 'Bookmark' question
@ 2007-02-02  9:24     ` Hadron
From: Hadron @ 2007-02-02  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Mathias Dahl <brakjoller@gmail.com> writes:

> Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> Right now I use "jump to bookmark" to switch between bookmarks.  Is
>>> there any commands that I can use to "go to Next bookmark" or "go
>>> to Previous bookmark" ?
>
> This might not be exactly what you want, but you could try it out
> anyway. C-u C-SPC jumps to the different marks in the mark ring in a
> buffer. Try that. You can set the mark yourself with C-SPC.

Why did you snip the answer which matched his requirements exactly? How
is what you suggest superior?

* Re: 'Bookmark' question
@ 2007-02-02  9:31       ` Romain Francoise
From: Romain Francoise @ 2007-02-02  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

> Why did you snip the answer which matched his requirements
> exactly? How is what you suggest superior?

It doesn't require a third-party package.

--
Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com> | The sea! the sea! the open
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | sea! The blue, the fresh, the
                                        | ever free! --Bryan W. Procter

* Re: 'Bookmark' question
@ 2007-02-02 11:11         ` Hadron
From: Hadron @ 2007-02-02 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com> writes:

> Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Why did you snip the answer which matched his requirements
>> exactly? How is what you suggest superior?
>
> It doesn't require a third-party package.

Note to the op : Francois is right there - you need to locate and
install CEDET for the linemark.el to get this functionality.

* Re: 'Bookmark' question
@ 2007-02-04 19:38 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2007-02-04 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Vols wrote:
> Right now I use "jump to bookmark" to switch between bookmarks.
> Is there any commands that I can use to "go to Next bookmark" or "go
> to Previous bookmark" ?

How do you define next and previous?  If the sequence of bookmarks is
defined by the order they're entered by the user via
bookmark-completing-read for the bookmark-jump command (C-x r b), that
is stored in the bookmark-history variable; so is the previous bookmark
the one most recently entered, or the one before that?  What is the
"next" bookmark?

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA