all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* remapping a mouse button.
@ 2008-08-12 16:42 rgb
From: rgb @ 2008-08-12 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

My Mouse-2 button is also the wheel.
That makes stuff like using flyspell-correct-word hard because you
need to try not to scroll while pressing it.
What I want is for Mouse-4 to be viewed as Mouse-2
That is, do anything that would normally happen if I used Mouse-2.

* Re: remapping a mouse button.
@ 2008-08-13  8:31 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2008-08-13  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

rgb <rbielaws@i1.net> writes:

> My Mouse-2 button is also the wheel.
> That makes stuff like using flyspell-correct-word hard because you
> need to try not to scroll while pressing it.
> What I want is for Mouse-4 to be viewed as Mouse-2
> That is, do anything that would normally happen if I used Mouse-2.

if your running under X, I believe you can configure this for all apps
in the X config file (i.e. xorg.conf, xfee86.conf).

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au

* Re: remapping a mouse button.
@ 2008-08-13  9:50   ` Thierry Volpiatto
From: Thierry Volpiatto @ 2008-08-13  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Tim X <timx@nospam.dev.null> writes:

> rgb <rbielaws@i1.net> writes:
>
>> My Mouse-2 button is also the wheel.
>> That makes stuff like using flyspell-correct-word hard because you
>> need to try not to scroll while pressing it.
>> What I want is for Mouse-4 to be viewed as Mouse-2
>> That is, do anything that would normally happen if I used Mouse-2.
>
> if your running under X, I believe you can configure this for all apps
> in the X config file (i.e. xorg.conf, xfee86.conf).
>
> Tim

As Lennart said you call ls with -1 arg or you can always call ls with
this arg setting it like that:

,----
| (setq eshell-ls-initial-args '(-1))
`----

now when you call for example "ls | wc -l" , you will have the
good number of lines.

It would be cool to have a function to call in some hook to call ls -1
only if there is a "|" after ls, this function do that but i need a hook
to call it:

,----
`----

--
A + Thierry Volpiatto
Location: Saint-Cyr-Sur-Mer - France

* Re: remapping a mouse button.
@ 2008-08-14 15:53   ` rgb
From: rgb @ 2008-08-14 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Aug 13, 3:31 am, Tim X <t...@nospam.dev.null> wrote:
> rgb <rbiel...@i1.net> writes:
> > My Mouse-2 button is also the wheel.
> > That makes stuff like using flyspell-correct-word hard because you
> > need to try not to scroll while pressing it.
> > What I want is for Mouse-4 to be viewed as Mouse-2
> > That is, do anything that would normally happen if I used Mouse-2.
>
> if your running under X, I believe you can configure this for all apps
> in the X config file (i.e. xorg.conf, xfee86.conf).
>
> Tim
>
> --
> tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au

Unfortunately I'm not.
So I'm left finding a way to do it in Emacs.